Peabody Institute Library
15 Sylvan Street
Danvers, Massachusetts 01923
Duties/Description: The Peabody Institute Library of Danvers, MA, is looking for a new Information Technology Coordinator. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to relate to patrons and staff with a friendly, courteous and professional manner required. The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player with excellent customer service skills, have the ability to adapt to new technologies and implement technology policies and procedures library-wide. The hours for this full-time, benefited position include one evening shift per week and one Saturday every other weekend. Works under the supervision of the Head of Technical Services.
Specific Duties: Included in the specific duties of this position are:
- Maintaining and troubleshooting staff and public computer workstations and related equipment.
- Acting as liaison with North of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE) technicians on additional computer support needs and network issues.
- Assisting in developing and implementing the library’s technology plans.
- Managing ordering and inventory of computers and related supplies.
- Training library staff and patrons on new technologies as needed.
- Performing regular shifts on all public service desks.
- Assisting in collection development.
- Technical services and other duties as assigned.
This position is subject to a 90-day probationary period.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in library/information science required. Working knowledge of Windows, Office, G Suite, WordPress and emerging information technologies required. Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds. Duties require frequent walking, stooping and kneeling.
Salary: The annual salary for this position ranges from $43,941 to $56,022 in seven steps.
Send: Please send your cover letter and resume by email to Chris Amorosi at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017