The Peabody Institute Library of Danvers invites local authors to donate one copy of their recently published work for inclusion in our Local Author Collection located on the library’s 2nd floor. The purpose of this collection is to support and promote local/self-published authors within and surrounding our community.
*Please review these guidelines prior to submitting your form*
- Author must reside in Danvers or the North Shore region of Massachusetts.
- Books based in Danvers or the North Shore region will be considered for inclusion, even if the author is not a local resident.
- Author submissions are limited to 3 per year.
- All donated books must be in new or like new condition.
- The Library will only accept 1 copy of any title.
- Materials must be for adult audiences and may be fiction or non-fiction.
- Submissions must be professionally printed and bound. Spiral bound items, pamphlets, textbooks, and workbooks will not be considered for inclusion. Self-published books will be considered as long as they follow these guidelines.
- Author represents and warrants full ownership and/or legal rights to publish all material in this book, including artwork.
- Book submissions will be reviewed for selection. Decisions made are final.
- All materials submitted for the Local Author Collection will be treated with the same selection guidelines used for our current print collections.
- Submission of the online Local Author Submission Form does not guarantee selection.
- All books must be approved by the Library prior to being added to the Local Author Collection.
- Materials selected for inclusion into the collection become property of the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers and are subject to the same standards and retention schedule as other library materials.
- Library staff will acknowledge receipt of your online Local Author Submission Form within five (5) business days.
- All unsolicited materials submitted will be considered donations and recycled, or added to the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers Friends Group book sale.
- Please understand that if your work is chosen for inclusion in the library’s collection, library staff are under no obligation to purchase additional copies for the collection. If the library chooses to buy additional copies, they may not be directly purchased from you but from an intermediary source.