“Education a debt due from present to future generations,” ~ George Peabody
The Peabody Institute Library of Danvers is the center of lifelong learning for everyone in the community. Our objective is to be a multi-purpose organization which will serve the community and the whole person, regardless of the individual’s beliefs or socioeconomic status. To achieve this goal, the library will:
- Provide residents access to a rich and varied collection of print, multimedia and electronic resources.
- Administer informational and recreational programs for public participation and enrichment.
- Facilitate resource sharing with neighboring cities and towns through an automated network and cooperative arrangements.
- Maintain open hours and provide remote means which will allow substantial and convenient access to the Library and its collections.
- Maintain and nurture a professional and dedicated staff.
- Maintain an archival center which collects, preserves and makes available all types of paper material relating to the history and development of Danvers.
- Collect and disseminate information about local programs and services.
- Support the Town’s schools in their educational missions.
- Assist other Town departments with information and referral.