*Notary Services are Back by Appointment Only*
Notary Services can be booked by calling the library at (978) 774-0554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to COVID-19 please read the new guidelines carefully. For more information about notarization and the types of documents that can be notarized see below.
New Notary Guidelines
- By Appointment only.
- Will take place outdoors on the library’s lawn.
- When you arrive for your appointment please call
the library to let them know you are there.
- Must wear a mask.
- Please bring your own pen for signing documents.
- Safely practice social distancing of 6 feet.
- Please come alone if and when possible.
The Peabody Institute Library in Danvers offers Notary Services free of charge. We cannot at this time make copies of any documents.
Please call the library to make an appointment with the Notary for the specific time you plan to use the service.
Peabody Institute Library
What does a notary do?
Notaries witness document signing or signing a sworn statement on a document. They verify, by their signature and seal, that you are who you say you are.
For Notary Services to be performed you must provide a form of identification. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- A current passport from any country, in a language the Notary can read.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A valid state ID.
- U.S. military ID.
- Resident alien ID (green card)
- Other government issued identification card that includes a picture and the signature of the person.
*All signers must be present at the time of the notarization.
Things to Remember
- Non-acceptable forms of identification are: Birth Certificates, Social Security cards, debit/credit cards, and student ID’s.
- The person requiring Notary Services must be sure the document is completely filled out, leaving no blanks, however leave the signature line blank. You must sign the document in front of the Notary.
- The document must be in a language that the Notary can read.
- Library staff cannot witness documents; you must bring your own witnesses if required.
What we cannot notarize:
These documents require specialized notary services.
- Vital records such as: birth, marriage, and death certificates
- Real Estate Transactions
- IRS form I-9