The Peabody Institute Library in Danvers offers Notary Services free of charge; however copies of records cost $0.10 per page for black and white and $0.25 per page for color.
Please call the library to make an appointment with the Notary for the specific time you plan to use the service.
Peabody Institute Library
What does a notary do?
Notaries witness document signing or signing a sworn statement on a document. They verify, by their signature and seal, that you are who you say you are.
For Notary Services to be performed you must provide a form of identification. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- A current passport from any country, in a language the Notary can read.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A valid state ID.
- U.S. military ID.
- Resident alien ID (green card)
- Other government issued identification card that includes a picture and the signature of the person.
*All signers must be present at the time of the notarization.
Things to Remember
- Non-acceptable forms of identification are: Birth Certificates, Social Security cards, debit/credit cards, and student ID’s.
- The person requiring Notary Services must be sure the document is completely filled out, leaving no blanks, however leave the signature line blank. You must sign the document in front of the Notary.
- The document must be in a language that the Notary can read.
- Library staff cannot witness documents; you must bring your own witnesses if required.
What we cannot notarize:
These documents require specialized notary services.
- Vital records such as: birth, marriage, and death certificates
- Real Estate Transactions
- IRS form I-9