SAVE THE DATE: Friends Annual Book Sale, June 22nd to 25th
Save your books to donate during the week of June 13th to 18th
The Goals of the Friends:
- Promote the Library
- Sponsor community events & activities
- Raise funds
- Support Library projects & goals
- Encourage gifts, endowments and memorials
The Friends of the Peabody Institute Library is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated
to supporting the Library in all its activities. In addition to creative & educational programs
and renovation projects, the Friends sponsor the Museum Pass Program, annual Book Sale,
Holiday Open House, annual Staff & Volunteer Luncheon, a Classical Music Series and more.
Join us at one of our meetings!
Meetings are open to the public and are usually held the third Wednesday of most months. We welcome new members any time and encourage coming by to see what we are all about. Please check the Event Calendar for meeting times and location.
Highlights from Friends Board Meeting, April 2022
- The Annual Meeting of the Friends will be held from 7pm-8:30pm on May 18, 2022 in the Gordon Room of the library. A slate of candidates for open positions on the Friends Board of Directors will be voted upon as well as approval of the revised Bylaws of the Friends.
- A Zoom program “John Singer Sargent, Master with a Brush” will be presented by Jane Oneail from 7-8:15pm on Monday, May 16.
- The annual Book Sale is scheduled from June 22-25, 2022. Donations of books will be accepted in the Gordon Room from June 13-18.
- The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum pass was recently renewed. There are now nine venues as part of the Museum Pass Program which can be found at https://www.danverslibrary.org/museum-passes/.
- A Program Committee to research future events to be sponsored by the Friends will be appointed. Email email@example.com if you would like to serve on the committee or have any suggestions for future programs/events.
Want to donate to the Friends or become a member?
To make a donation or sign up as an active member, please enclose the form linked below
with your check and mail to:
Friends of the Peabody Institute Library
15 Sylvan St.
Danvers, MA 01923
simply drop off the form and your payment in an envelope at the front circulation desk of the Library and say it is for the Friends.
If you would like to become one of our Local Business Sponsors or Corporate Patrons,
please leave a message for the Friends of the Library at: (978) 774-0554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to join the Friends, please download The Membership Form
Forms are also available in the community information area just inside the front door of the library.