Katharine Hepburn Brownies contributed by Charlotte
A moist, chewy brownie! Made in one bowl! Super easy!
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter , cut into pieces
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans or 2/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place rack in center of oven.
2. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of
simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk, in the sugar. Whisk in eggs one at a time and the vanilla extract.
5. Now stir in the flour, salt and chopped nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
Pour into the baking pan and bake for about 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove and let
cool on a wire rack. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight. Believe me, it’s worth
the wait! Serve at room temperature or chilled. They freeze very well.
Makes 16 brownies.