Grandmom’s Lasagne contributed by Fran
1 lb ground beef
2 28-oz cans tomatoes
3 6-oz cans tomato paste
1 16-oz pkg lasagne noodles
1 15-oz container ricotta cheese
1 16-oz pkg mozzarella cheese diced
Crushed red pepper
1. Brown meat in large saucepan. Add tomatoes and their liquid, add spices according to taste.
Stir to break up tomatoes. Simmer 30 min. On low, stirring occasionally. Spoon off fat.
2. Cook lasagne noodles, drain.
3. In small bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
4. Layer half the noodles in 13×9” baking dish, overlapping to fit.
5. Spoon half of the ricotta/egg mixtures over noodles.
6. Sprinkle half of diced mozzarella cheese over the mixture.
7. Top with half of meat sauce.
8. Repeat layers
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min.
10. Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.