Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes contributed by Sarah
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup granulated
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-1 cup hot water
-1 large egg
-1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
-8 oz cream cheese
-6 tablespoons butter, softened
-3-4 cups powdered sugar
-1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
-1 teaspoon peppermint extract
-green food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line cupcake pan with papers.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
3. Add in vegetable oil, hot water, egg and vanilla and whisk until well combined and smooth. Batter will be thin. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon 3 tablespoons of batter into each cup.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes until cake tester comes out clean and the tops spring back when pressed lightly.
6. Beat cream cheese and butter until light andfluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and peppermint extract and beat until well combined. Add green food coloring and mix to preference.
7. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with tip and pipe on to the cupcakes. Top with an Andes Mint.