Greek Potatoes contributed by Sarah
My family is Greek and so I thought that I’d share one of my favorite recipes that my YiaYia used to make and what I’ll be making for Greek Easter on the 19th! I’ll be serving Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce with a side of Greek Potatoes and Spanikopita. For dessert I’ll be making Kourabiedes which are Greek shortbread cookies flavored with almond and clove or as my Dad calls them, death cookies because if you inhale the powdered sugar you start to choke!
- 3 lbs yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh Oregano
- 1/4 c. feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13×9 baking pan and pour the olive oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and toss with a little fresh oregano and feta cheese.